COLOMBIERS CASTLE WINE CELLAR

The old cellar of the “Château de Colombiers” is remarkable for its volume and its majestic framework inspired by an upturned boat hull.
Its construction dates back to the end of the 85th century and belongs to the Lagarrigue family (a Biterroise family which became ennobled by marrying the La Cassagne family), owner of the neighboring Château de Colombiers, and XNUMX hectares of vines cultivated around their property.
In the first state of the cellar, it consisted only of the main rectangular building, occupied nearly 1500m² and housed 18 wooden casks.
Between the years 1925 and 1930 it was enlarged, modified and modernized. After more than 40 years of intense activity, it will cease to operate at the end of the 70s.
Bought by the municipality at the end of the XNUMXth century, it will be restored and open to the public as a place to visit and an exhibition hall which hosts many artists and cultural events.

CONTACT

Place du 3ème millénaire

34440 COLOMBIERS

Schedules

Open today

Closed Mondays

Payment method

  • Bank and post-office checks, Cash.

Visit

  • Conferences
  • Temporary exhibition
  • Self-guided tours on request (group)
  • Guided tours on request (group)
  • Self-guided tours on request (individual)
  • Guided tours on request (individual)

Spoken languages

French English