DETACHED POND OF MONTADY

A former brackish marsh responsible for epidemics, it was cleaned up in 1270. Ditches laid out “in the sun” were dug to make 420 ha of land usable. The network of canals allows the drainage of water from the periphery to the center. They are then directed to the Grande Maïre ​​stream which joins a 1300 meter gallery. The ensemble today constitutes a masterpiece of hydro-agricultural equipment designed in the Middle Ages. From the archaeological site of Oppidum d'Ensérune, the view is remarkable.

CONTACT

Town hall
34310 MONTADY